pod: command not found

Back to Bug Reports
An issue has been acknowledged in this thread and it is being tracked internally by the Fuse team.
Fuse 1.2.1 (build 13974).
Mac OS Sierra.
Xcode Version 9.0 (9A235).

When building a preview for iOS from the Fuse GUI the following error occurs when using -DCOCOAPODS:

Fuse 1.2.1 (build 13974)
Configuring (1.1 s)
Compiling syntax tree (2.8 s)
Generating code and data (7.4 s)

Build completed in 11.37 seconds
/Users/username/MyApp/build/iOS/Preview/run.sh: line 9: pod: command not found
fuse: iOS run failed

Workaround: Running ./build/iOS/Preview/build.sh from a terminal works and opening the generated .xcworkspace also works.

i have the same issue but with a different error

Opening Xcode
Analyzing dependencies
Downloading dependencies
Generating Pods project
/Users/****/Desktop/****/build/iOS/Debug/run.sh: line 8: 18752 Abort trap: 6           pod install

and this is the trace.

Stack trace (System.Exception):
  System.Void Uno.Build.BuildResult.Run(Uno.Logging.Log log) in (0.0)
  Uno.Build.BuildResult Uno.CLI.Projects.BuildCommand.Build(BuildArguments args) in (0.0)
  System.Void Uno.CLI.Projects.BuildCommand.Execute(System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[[System.String, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]] args) in (0.0)
  System.Void Uno.CLI.Program.Execute(System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[[System.String, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]] args) in (0.0)
  System.Int32 Uno.CLI.Program.Main(System.String[] args) in (0.0)

Thanks for reporting! An internal ticket has been raised and you'll get notified when there's some progress.

@booster: Thanks I have replicated this and am 90% sure this is a tool issue. On my machine I'm getting the issue in fuse GUI and not in command line builds. I've passed this issue along to people in the know.

@prince: That seems different. Please try running pod from the terminal and see what the result is.

which pod says: /usr/local/bin/pod

I will play around with the environment vars and see if I can make it work. There is nothing in my .bash_profile setting the PATH variable. /usr/local/bin is in the PATH variable.

Interesting, looks like launch services are setting its path to sysctl user.cs_path = /usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin, so the Terminal.app probably adds /usr/local/bin itself. I'll update the ticket so that we can fix it on our side. The workaround is to start fuse from terminal.

Cool, I can live with that - thanks a bunch!

(edit: OK that sounded a bit sarcastic - I am actually grateful!)

Btw, can you try to start the fuse app by running open -a /Applications/Fuse.app from terminal and see if the PATH environment becomes correct.

Post Stats
    replies
    views
    users
Frequent Posters